Saturday 23 January 2010

Flying First Class... Up In The Sky


Happy Weekend everybody!

You may have noticed my last few posts have been a little 'generic' - well that is for a reason, as Ive got things to tell but I have been holding off posting for all kinds of reasons, all will be reveled soon, but until then I am jumping on the safety and traveling bandwagon and giving you a little of my own advice.

Firstly, this post is not to offend anyone, and I am certainly not posting this as a direct response to any ones travels. Just, like many other Sugar Baby's I have noticed the travel debate has arisen and id like to share my own experiences.

When speaking to a potential Sugar Daddy for the first time, we all know how exciting it can be. We all 'spend' our allowance mentally, we all plan on where we would live, how often we would see them, the things we would do together. This is good, and I think its important to positively think.

Now, when that SD lives out of the Country, or state, we can get caught up imagining the exotic location, the shopping sprees, the dinners out. Lets be honest, traveling somewhere is exciting, so this excitement can sometimes override our natural impulses and our COMMON SENSE.

A little while ago I 'met' a SD who was in New York. I met him actually in NY when I was on a work trip, and we kept in touch over SD.com. We got on OK, and I had him send me an email from his work address, so that I then could verify his position. He was a CEO at a major bank, the head quarters being based in NYC.

After speaking for a while, he asked me when I would be back. I explained that I had a long period of holiday leave from work, so I wasn't planning on being back anytime soon. To this, he suggested I fly out to NY to meet him, and stay with him for 3 nights. He promised an allowance, that we would go to his nightclub he owned a share in, and generally have a good time. I immediately told him I expected a hotel, confirmed and in my name, and a first class plane ticket. To this, he responded in an outrageously bad manor, demanding I respect his 'good name' in the business world, and that I 'knew who he was'.

Whether or not I would have been treated well in NY wasn't good enough for me. The fact he was a multi millionaire with a good rep and well respected within society wasn't good enough for me. The fact he even asked shows he is a dick. I said NO. And I said NO for two reasons. One was safety. And the Second - being a good Sugar Baby...

*Being a good Sugar Baby.

I really feel strongly that you should NEVER visit a SD who is a substantial distance from you, at least for the first couple of times that you meet. This is because, purely and simply they are asking too much of you. They are 'trying it on' to see if you say yes. Its the old "ask 100 girls and one will say yes" rule. But that doesn't mean its right, or that you should be the 'yes girl'.
A sugar daddy is a sugar daddy because he plans on providing for you, and he is also a gentleman. Why would he expect you to fly all the way to see him, and put your safely at risk? If a potential asks you to do this, in my eyes it is out of order.

Its a known fact that men like a chase, granted they also like a one night stand, but you need to be the one they chase in this instance.

Look at this from a SD's point of view, you met online, you spoke, you got along. Next thing, YOU have booked YOURSELF a plane ticket, YOU are taking time out of your life, YOU are paying the expenses. When you arrive, its a given that they are going to expect you to sleep with them, you have just flown your pretty ass half way across the country - in their eyes they believe you flew all that way because you wanted them so bad. I know this sounds strange, but its true. In a mans mind he will not understand why you would make that effort just to ask to sleep in the spare room.
It also gives the impression that you are a little bit of a pushover. No matter how strong you are, and how well you stand your ground, the Sugar Daddy knows that you made all that effort and he knows you will find it awkward to ask for reimbursement, because of course you would be awkward, who wouldn't?
I think the main reason, after safety, not to travel is just by him asking you to, it proves he isn't a Sugar Daddy worth seeing. The only exception to this rule is if he is busy, and cannot take the time to go see you. In this case, he may book you a ticket, and a hotel which you could confirm before you arrive. I would still advise against this, as I think its ungentlemanly and that is the exact kind of person I wouldn't waste my time own time on, and neither should you.

Remember back to when you first aspired to be a SB, I'm sure you didn't imagine flying your self out to some random place and loosing your own money. Being a 'good sugar baby' is all about expecting THE BEST. I expect no less that first class travel, and I wont travel (in a sugar situation - I'm not a complete snob :-) any less. The good Sugar Daddy's want you to have a standard, they want to see that you wouldn't fly out cattle class on your own dollar to see just any tom dick or harry for the promise of $...

Safety:
I didn't want to base this post around safety, as I think its pretty much common sense and other sugar baby's have covered it extremely well - like Chicago Sugar's blog. I wont go over things that have already been said, and I wanted to show more reasons why in unwise to visit a SD on the first date, from a different perspective. I hope I've managed to do that?

The only safety related advice I would like to give is this - never go anywhere without your own money, and that's not even in relation to sugar. I see flights get canceled everyday, and people have to put themselves in hotels for 2,3,4 nights before they can fly home/out.

Ive seen people get stranded in places, with full hotels apart from the 6* ones because every ones in the same boat, and its not a great situation to be in. You always need to have your own cash, and if you don't have emergency money, then just sit tight.
Being stranded without money isn't the only risk. You carry the risk of rape, of abuse, of being held without your will. Watch the film 'Taken' if you haven't already seen it, although fictional, the sex slave/trade industry is very real and a multi billion black market. The men who run it and who are involved may be respectful, well dressed, well spoken and will be seen as a 'SD' to on the outside. Think about it, your beautiful, young, impressionable. No body knows where you are, they know that. You know that. Its the ideal trap.

It all really doesn't bare thinking about so please girls be careful, your all very beautiful and you need to remember what your worth and how easily someone could take you...

Take care and keep yourselves safe,

Baby Bow x

9 comments:

  1. great advice...I don't understand any lady who would put her self in that situation. There are a lot of crazies out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Momma Bow! Great advice. I've also been reading about the recent travels of other SB's and some of it is pretty scary. You live and you learn - fortunately for us, we can learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. You seem to understand men very well! That's a skill I am learning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Bow.
    My last post I mentioned my concern about safety. I wasn't sure how to go about it as you will have to eventually be alone with him. Your so right. Usually people don't know where you are because we all have a pretty big secret. Unfortunately that secret isn't so widely accepted. I really appreciate your advice. Even calling ahead to confirm a room and have it in your name is a very good idea.
    Thanks ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I've read all your blogs and I have to say that you give really good advice.

    Have fun this year with your sd's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved your post! it definitely needed to be said ... and you wrote it nicer than i could've imagined

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true... awesome post!
    Thanks Bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a good post. thank u for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post. I agree with everything except the little bit about First Class Travel. Unless it's a long flight, First Class provides very little additional value for the $$$.

    To be more economically sensitive, I would ask him to look into upgrading me to Business Class.

    xoxo,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete